Monday 24 November 2014

Reflections day 1.


Fathin: From my point of view, I can see that the students are happy and excited to play the games that we've planned for them. I am quite impressed with the students because they were really participate and cooperative. It was fortunate that the kids understood Malay, thus conversing with them was not as difficult as I thought it would be. I am also really glad that I got to organize the games for those kid bacause with this, I get to communicate with them better as I do not know them at all till I get to meet them today. I am looking forward to the hiking part as I get to climb Mount Kinabalu, and really see for myself what a real mountain is like.

Played games and prize presentation 

Entrance of the school we visited

Tree planting

Shahizzat: For the primary school visit, I am quite happy as it turned out quite well and we could communicate well with the students. I'm quite amazed by their performance just now. There were a few ukuleles and an acoustic bass guitarist. They put up an awesome performance and I had to constantly remind myself that they were only primary school students. These kids really warm my heart.


Nashrul:Today was a very memorable day for me as I got the chance to meet some primary school students from a local school. The school was located near the mountains which gave it a very special feel. There were several animals moving around the field on our way to the school. Did I mention that we had to cross a pretty long bridge to reach the school? It is so unlike what I am used to and it was really an experience I will never forget.
I found out that the villagers had to walk several kilometers to go to school everyday. This struck a chord in me as I pondered on all the luxuries I have back in Singapore.
Another highlight of the visit was the fact that I got the opportunity to plant a tree in their school compound. This was something new to me, and I thought it was very meaningful as it symbolizes the true meaning of leadership, being adaptable like the plant taking root in a new environment. Overall, I really enjoyed today's event and am looking forward to tomorrow's challenge!

Leaving a legacy!

Crossing a bridge to reach the school.. It was scary!

The children impressed us with their talents!


Group shot!

What life is really all about.


No comments:

Post a Comment